DEPARTMENT OF ZOOLOGY
|1.||Name of the Department||zoology|
|2.||Year of Establishment||01-07-1997|
|3.||Number of teachers sanctioned and present position||02 02|
|4.||Number of administrative staff||Nil|
|5.||Number of technical staff||01|
|6.||Number of teachers and students||1-|
|7.||Demand ratio (no. of seats: no. of applications)|
|8.||Ratio of teachers to students||1:80|
|9.||Number of research scholars who had their master’s degree from other institutions||05|
|10.||The year when the curriculum was revised last||2020|
|11.||Number of students passed NET/SLET etc. (last two years)||nil|
|12.||Success rate of students (what is the pass percentage as compared to the University average?)|
|14.||Publications by faculty (last 5 years)||06+07 = 13|
|15.||Awards and recognition received by faculty (last 5 years)||05|
|16.||Faculty who have attended national and international seminars (last 5 years)||10|
|17.||Number of national and international seminars organized (last 5 years)||–|
|18.||Number of teachers engaged in consultancy and the revenue generated||Nil|
|19.||Number of ongoing projects and its total outlay||Nil|
|20.||Research projects completed during last two and its total outlay||nil|
|21.||Number if inventions and patents||Nil|
|22.||Number of Ph.D. theses guided during the last 2 years||06|
|23.||Number of books in the department library, if any||50|
|24.||Number of journals/periodicals||Nil|
|25.||Number of computers/Laptop||01/01|
Encl 1. Scholars presently enrolled for Ph.D.
|S.No.||Name of student||Registration year||Topic||Name of supervisor|
|1.||Annu Dang||2016||Species richness and diversity of insect community in cultivated and agroforestry land use systems of tarai region,||Dr .Deep Mala|
|2.||Chandralata||2019||A study on Ichthyofaunal diversity and habitat relationship with environmental variables at koshi river Ramnagar in Nainital Distt. Uttarakhand|
|3.||Akanksha singh||2021||–||Dr. Shahid Sami Siddqui|
¼A½ iapk;rh jkt O;oLFkk ,oa efgyk,W i`”B la0&183&188] ISBN 97. 8-81-946183
¼B½ Function of Diverse Indian Faith and Cultures in Environmental conversation.
(C) Forest Fire a High Risk of Faunal Diversity & Habitual Changer.
(D) Climate Change and Biodiversity in Uttarakhand
(E) oSf”or i;kZokj.k ds ;qx es tSfod xq.koRrk i`’B la[;k&66 ls 76 rd
(F) Covid-19 & its Vaccine – page-161-170.
Seminar attended: – Nil
Publications in national and international journals: -Nil
Awards and recognitions: – Nil
Seminar organized: – Nil
- Shahid Sami Siddqui
CONFERENCE, SEMINAR AND WORKSHOP
- Participated in Workshop in FRI on Intellectual Property Right (IPR).19-20 April, 2004.
- 6th National Symposium on Sustainable plant protection strategies: Health & Environmental concerns. Oct 15-17, 2005.
- 11 Indian Agricultural Scientists &Farmers Congress 14-15 February, 2009
- Seventh regional consultation workshop on community radio awareness ,ministry of Information & broadcasting, government of India at Solan H.P.March 13-14
- 12 Indian Agricultural Scientists &Farmers Congress 20-21 February, 2010 BIOVED
- MAASCON-1 First Annual National Symposium of the Muslim Association of the Advancement of Science 23-24 October 2010M.U. Aligarh
- National symposium on emerging trends in biological scinces special emphasis on neuroscience 24-25 September 2012M.U Aigarh
- National Conference on Innovation in Ethanopharmacology Recent Development in Biological and Chemical sciences for Societal Benefits 1-3 march 2013
- IJTA 4th International conference on Recent Advance in Agriculture and Horticulture Sciences 2016
- 19 Indian Agricultural Scientists &Farmers Congress 18-19 February, 2017 BIOVED
- National Seminar on Relevance of Communal Harmony in India at Present Time 25-26 February 2018 veerangana Maharani Laxmibai Govrnment Girls Degree College ,Jhasi Uttar Pradesh.
- National Conference of Medical Arthropodology on Vector Borne & Zoonotic Disease 26-27 October 2018 A.V College, Dehradun
- 21 Indian Agricultural Scientists &Farmers Congress 16-17 February, 2019 BIOVED
- National Conference on The Role of E-learning in Distance Education Problems and Prospectus in India 27-28 February 2019 Government Post Graduate College Rudrapur U.S.Nagar Uttrakhand.
- National Conference on Employment Skill for Sustainable Livelihoods 15-16 March 2019 Government Post Graduate College Rudrapur U.S.Nagar Uttrakhand.
- National seminar on Career Counseling in Dynamic World Issues and Challenges 19-20 April 2019. Government Post Graduate College Kashipur U.S.Nagar Uttrakhand.
- Young Scientist award by ICRAAHS 2016
- Young Scientist Award by BIOVED 2017
- Uttrakhand achiever award 2018 by MONAL Society Uttrakhand
- Environmental Science award by Tribhwan University Nepal 2019
- Applied Zoological ResearchAssociation (AZRA) Cuttak.
- Bioved Research Society Allahabad.( U.P)
- Journal of Experimental society uttarpradesh
- O.M.A life member Hyderabad
- Advance in life science life member
- Trend in bioscience life member
- Arif, Shaid sami& S.C.Das. Acrea vesta vesta Fab: A serious pest of fodder tree in Kumaun hills of central Himalayas. J. Exp. Zool. India. Vol.8. No.2.pp- 411-412, 2005.
- Shahid S. Siddique, Babita Chaudhary and K S Hooda Eco-Friendly Management of Insect Pests of Vegetable Crops in High Altitude of Kumaon Hills, International journal of Bioved 19 (1, 2)1-4 2008.
- Ram BabuS.Siddique and K.S. Hooda Effectiveness of safer management techniques against key insect pests of tomato and garden pea in Kumoun Himalayas., Applied Zological Rresearch Assocoation-Cuttak. Vol.20.No.2-Page 103-109 Dec, 2009.
- Shahid S. Siddique Mohd Arif ,Ram Babu, Shujauddin and K.S.Hooda, discrepancy toxicity of bacillus thurengenesis strains and their gemstone toxins against the high altitude Himlayas population of diamondback moth Plutella xylostella linn. Applied Zological Rresearch Assocoation-Cuttak,20.No.2-Page 91-101 Dec, 2009.
- Shahid S. Siddique, Ram Babu, Mohd Arif. Efficacy of Trichogramma brasiliense,nuclear polyhedrosis virus and endosulphan for the management of Helicoverpa armigera on tomato Exp. Zool. India. Vol.13. No.2.pp-177-180, 2010.
- Shahid Sami Siddique, Mohd Arif*, Ram Babu,Usha Yadav,Smita Bisht and K.S. HoodaASSESSMENT OF SOME NEWER INSECTICDES AGAINST 2011SORGHUM SHOOTFLY, ATHERIGONA SOCCATA ROGDANI Exp. Zool. India Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 301-302, 2011.
- Shahid sami siddique, Mohd Arif,Ram baba Efficacy of Tichogramma chilonis ishii for the management of chilo auriculus on sugarcane in different sugar mill areas of the udham singh nagar and uttar Pradesh journal of Scientific Temper Page Special edition No:pp 125-126-July 2010
- Shahid sami siddique, Mohd Arif,Ram babau,and Rashid Hussain Growth reproductivity and bioconservation impending of red compost worm (Eisenia foetida) in relation to biogenic wastes of animal resource during winter seasons, Exp. Zool. India Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 281-284, 2011.
- Shahid Sami Siddique & DrRam Babu Advances in insect pest management of temperate fruit crops journal of Scientific Temper Page Vol 2 No.1&2 Jan-July:pp 37-44 2011.
- RAM BABU &SHAHID SAMI SIDDIQUE Further observation on PatagiferWesleyiverma,1936 (Fam.Chinostomatidae Poche,1962) and its mehlis gland complex Accepted for journal of Exp. Zool. India Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 359-362, 2011.
- Shahid sami siddique,Mohd Arif,Ram babu and Rashid hussain Integrated management of bringal shoot and fruit borer, leucinodes orbanalis guen Vol 2 No.1&2 Jan-July:pp 69-70 2011.
- Shahid Sami Siddique and Ram Babu, Wonder drug- an insect and fungus relationship( Hepialus-cordyceps) which curing many diseases by rearing ad mass production through biotechnological approaches, Biology and Medicine an international journal pp Biology and Medicine, Vol 3 (2) Special Issue: 76-80, 2011.
- Smita Bisht, Anjana Bhatt, Usha Yadav, Shahid siddique and S.K. Guru Physiological growth parameters of problematic weed species of winter season (New Agriculturist, 22(1,2) : 11–18, 2011
- Usha Yadav, Smita Bisht, S.Siddiqui, V.S.Jaiswal & Ajay Paliwal,Role of Sucrose, agar and pH on in vitro shoot proliferation of Morus nigra L. (New Agriculturist, 22(1,2) : 1–6,2011.
- S. Hooda, J.C. Bhatt, S.N. Sushil, Deeksha Joshi, S. S. Siddique, S.R.K. Singh and B. Chaudhary. 2007. On-farm Validation of IPM Modules in Tomato in Uttarakhand Hills. Indian J.Ext. Edu.
- Shahid S. Siddique & Ram Babu, Relative abundance and host preference of white grubs (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae) in Kumaon hills of Indian Himalayas 2019 BIOVED
- Shahid S. Siddique Value of Safer Management Methods Against Insect Pest of Tomato and Garden pea of Kumaun Himalayas published vole 4 issue 3 Sep 2016.IJSRM
- Dr SHAHID SAMI SIDDIQUE , Dr. DEEP MALACollective Management Of Brinjal Shoot And Fruit Borer, Leucinodes Orbonallis In Kumaun And Garhwal Regions”, International Journal of Science & Engineering Development Research (www.ijsdr.org), ISSN:2455-2631, Vol.5, Issue 12, page no.219 – 220, December-2020
ABSTRACT , SEMINAR, CONFERENCE, SYMPOSIUM AND WORKSHOP
- Arif, P.S.Negi, Shahid sami, Shujauddin & S.C.Das.Insect fungus relationship-high value medicine. 6th National Symposium on Sustainable plant protection strategies: Health & Environmental concerns. Oct 15-17, 2005.
- Shahid sami siddique –Training for STED project by DST-Govt of India Gujrat 14-16 Feb 2008 .
- Shahid Sami Siddique 11 Indian Agricultural Scientists &Farmers Congress 14-15 February, 2009.BIOVED
- S. Siddique, Zubair ahmad, Mohammad Shamim and Parvez Qamar Rizvi : Isolation and toxicity evaluation of bacterial entomopathogens against phytophagous white grubs (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae) in Indian Himalayan hills, 6-10 July International Conference of Entomology-Durban South Africa 2008.
- Shahid Sami Siddique -Seventh regional consultation workshop on community radio awareness, ministry of Information & broadcasting, government of India at SolanP. March 13-14 2009.
- Shahid Sami Siddique 12 Indian Agricultural Scientists &Farmers Congress 20-21 February, 2010 BIOVED
- Shahid Sami Siddique and Ram Babu, Wonder drug- an insect and fungus relationship( Hepialus-cordyceps) which curing many diseases by rearing ad mass production through biotechnological approaches submitted to the AMU –National Symposium advancement of Science- Department of Zoology-Aligarh Muslim University.-23-34 Oct 2010
- Shahid Sami Siddique &Ram BabuYartsa Gamboo – (Insect –Fungus)Wonder drugs in Himalayas Endemic to the Indian Plateau- STATE LEVEL CONFERENCE ON “Role of Science and Technology in the Development of Uttrakhand State. Govt P.G.College Bageshwar, Uttrakhand
- Shahid Sami Siddique &Ram BabuYartsa gamboo-Wonder drug fight against the aids-National Symposium Aligarh Muslim University Faculty of Medicine date 24-25 Sep 2012.
- Shahid Sami Siddique Revalance of communal harmony at present time 25-26 February 2018 government girls college JhanshiU
- Shahid Sami Siddique & Benam SaxenaYartsa Gasmboo Revenue herbs of Himalayas 26-27 October 2018 A.V College Dehradun
- Shahid Sami Siddique Value of Trichogramma chilonis 16-17 February 2019 BIOVED
- Shahid Sami Siddique E-Larning an Important Tool of Education 27-28 February 2019 Government Post Graduate College RudrapurS.Nagar Uttrakhand.
- Shahid Sami Siddique Career counseling in Dynamic world Issue and Challenges 27-28 February 2019 Government Post Graduate College RudrapurS.Nagar Uttrakhand
- Shahid Sami Siddique Global Initiatives in Agricultural and applied sciences for eco friendly environmenrt 16-18 June 2019 Tribhuwan University Nepal Kathmandu
- Shahid Sami Siddique Contemporary issues of climate Change ,conservation of Biodiversity and natural resources in Himalayan environments 14-16 November 2019 , Government Post graduate college NewTehri Uttrakahnd
- Shahid Sami Siddique Forest fire and Climate change challenge and solution 14-15 February 2020 ,Government Post graduate college Raisi Haridwar Uttrakahnd
- Shahid Sami Siddique Function of diverse Indian faith and culture in environmental conservation 27-28 February 2020 Dr Bheemrao Degree college Mainpuri Uttar Pradesh
- Chaudhary, B., Hooda, K.S. and Siddiqui, S.S. Vermicompost- Parvatiya Kisano Ke Liye Vardan (Hindi). Krishi Chayanika 27 (4): 24, 27, 48. 2006.